Mission Statement, version 1.2
1. Climate change is real; human activity makes an impact, but the severity of our activity is not known with a high degree of certainty. Climate deniers are as incorrect as climate alarmists. Ignore radical efforts to upend our economy and lifestyle and simultaneously increase efforts to curtail fossil fuel reliance as soon as possible.
2. Future generations will look at our practice of pulling fossil fuels out of the ground and burning them as obviously wrong-headed and harmful. Depleting natural resources and releasing their combustion products into the environment will cease to happen at some point. We need to make it sooner rather than later.
3. The huge economic windfall from the intellectual gains arising from the science, technology, engineering and infrastructure needed to develop green energy has to be seen as co-equal with enlightened environment stewardship.
4. Government plays an essential supporting role. They cannot, however, lead this effort or attempt to pick winners.
5. The private sector needs embrace morality-based capitalism by investing in green energy and enhancing the definition of ROI to reflect environmental concerns and advances in science and technology. Consumers need to reward these companies. This morality needs to extend to people currently working in the fossil-fuel based energy industry and need a soft landing and a transition path.
6. US green house gas emissions are unacceptably high, but they are diminishing. China emissions are greater and trending upwards. If the US really starts to globally dominate in developing and manufacturing green energy solutions, China will likely follow (same applies to other countries).
View Reddit by cjwood – View Source